At CVHS our goal is to match pets with people. It's more than just picking the cutest or the furriest companion animal - it's about ensuring that the pet you adopt is right for you and your home. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff members are here to answer questions and offer advice to guide you through the process:
- Think about your lifestyle and your interests. This will help you decide which type of animal is best suited for you.
- Visit our shelter and choose the animal that you would like to adopt. Please look closely at the cage card for information about the pet, including its age, temperament and personality. Will this pet match your needs and fit into your lifestyle?
- Fill out an adoption profile. At CVHS, we use a profile and interview process to ensure that each animal adopted will be matched with the most compatible new owner(s).
- Once your profile has been reviewed, our adoption counselors will discuss with you any medical or behavioral information relevant to the animal you chose and process your adoption application.
- Every dog or cat that is adopted from CVHS is up to date with required vaccinations and microchipped.
- Congratulations! You are now ready to go home with your new pet!
Please be aware that the adoption process can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the information we need to cover with you and the number of pets going home at the same time. We know this is a time commitment, but your new pet will appreciate it!
Adoption Application - Dog
Adoption Application - Cat
Adoption Application - Small Animal