Your gift to the Cocheco Valley Humane Society makes a difference in the lives of our animals in many ways. Your gift provides shelter, food, medical care and much more. Please know that your donation is affecting the lives of over 1,500 animals a year that come through our doors! You can use the button below to donate now.
Thank you so much for your support!
There are several other ways to make a donation. Please read through the different categories of giving and pick the one that appeals to you.
General Donation/The Annual Fund/Appeals
- This gift is for unrestricted general operating support for our shelter. This type of gift can be applied to where it’s needed most including medical costs, food and water and general shelter costs.
Honor and Memorial Donations
- Make a special donation in honor or in memory of a pet or loved one! Please let us know who the donation is for and who should be notified- including an address. Also let us know if your donation is in honor/memory of an animal or a person- we can’t always tell from the name!
Other Ways to Donate
- Gift of Stocks & Securities- CVHS is now accepting stock and securities. Appreciated securities are one of the most cost-effective assets to use in making a gift. When you transfer ownership of long term securities, you receive a charitable deduction for their full market value—and you incur no capital gains tax (subject to IRS deduction limits). Please inform our Development Director of your intention to transfer stocks and securities by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the wiring instructions here.
- Monthly Gifts- Join our monthly membership club! Giving monthly allows you to automatically make regular contributions. As a monthly donor, you have the option of an automatic debit from your credit card, checking account, savings account, or you can choose to mail in the check every month.
- Sponsor an Animal or Sponsor an Animal’s Adoption Fee- If you would like to sponsor an animal and/or cover an animal’s adoption when they are adopted please email our Shelter Manager at email@example.com or call 603-749-5322 ext. 104.
- Matching Gifts- Many companies match charitable gifts made by employees, retirees and directors. These gifts are counted toward the individual’s total giving to the shelter. Donors need to complete the paperwork from their Human Resources Department and send it to the Cocheco Valley Humane Society at 262 County Farm Road, Dover, NH 03820.
- Donate Reward Points- American Express gives members the option to use their member’s points to make a donation to a charity of their choice. Donations are made through JustGive.org
- Donate Your Vehicle- Make a tax-deductible donation to CVHS by donating your vehicle. Part of the proceeds from the sale of your vehicle through V-DAc will go to CVHS. Visit http://www.v-dac.com for more details.